Bases providing income

GhostWing

Question

Is it possible to apply/add the Money perk to a base? In the two examples below, if the space and personnel are purchased with the base, can the money perk be added to have it generate income?

A.) Supervillain secret base is hidden in a city building (disguised) that has a drugstore at street level. The villains have paid points for the floor space as well as for the personnel to run the drugstore.

B.) Well known superhero group conducts weekly tours around their base and run a gift shop in a separate building on the grounds. The heroes have paid for the points for the base, grounds and gift shop area and pay points for personnel to conduct tours, work security and run the shop.

I would think that if a character paid a character point for the Money perk, that it can just as easily be applied to a base (in essence, the contributor is giving his income to the group). Of course, I might be missing something. Am I?

1 answer to this question

Re: Bases providing income

Well, the GM can allow whatever he wants, but generally Bases and Vehicles don't have Perks. The Money Perk, in particular, is one that characters should generally pay for themselves, even if the explanation for/special effect of the Money is, "I own a building that generates income."