SG-1 Asgard Teleport and Ships

PaRappaTheRappe

Anyone got a good stat model for the Asgard technologies and ships? In particular, their ability to zero in on and teleport multiple targets simultaneously across quite a distance? And would their hyperspace drives (Ida Galaxy to Milky Way in a few minutes ) be best represented as MegaRange Teleport Extra Time or EDM?

And maybe a conversion package deal for the Valkyries (Asgard-trained Tau'ri female special ops) from the d20 book? I've got no idea how to translate d20 into HERO.

Re: SG-1 Asgard Teleport and Ships

Anyone got a good stat model for the Asgard technologies and ships? In particular' date=' their ability to zero in on and teleport multiple targets simultaneously across quite a distance? And would their hyperspace drives (Ida Galaxy to Milky Way in [u']a few minutes[/u] ) be best represented as MegaRange Teleport Extra Time or EDM?

Hmm. For the transporters, I might allow something along the lines of an autofire teleport. Or area effect, selective - that might be the better way of doing it.

As for locking on, some manner of highly telescoping N-ray vision?

FTL travel: one possibility is simply a huge number of points in FTL travel. :) I won't comment further, though. I flipped through that section in Star Hero, but can't remember too much. So I dunno, really. Note that it requires so much power that the shields and weapons don't work - could be a Lockout limitation, or perhaps requiring so much END that the other stuff can't be used... if the power plants are like in Star Hero (say, END 500/REC 500), then the hyperwarp drive might require, say, 490 END per turn? (leaving space for life support, computers, etc, but not for battle shielding)

And maybe a conversion package deal for the Valkyries (Asgard-trained Tau'ri female special ops) from the d20 book? I've got no idea how to translate d20 into HERO.

Thanks.

About the lock-on, would spatial awareness, telescoping work? Would I need some modifier to penetrate underground as Asgard sensors do?

Yep, that could possibly do it.

I'd add something onto spatial awareness - probably discriminatory, possibly analyse. After all, they know exactly who's who and can teleport out all bad guys while letting all good guys escape. (Hmm, could also add Rapid, possibly!)

Meanwhile, it's probably limited arc. From space, they can probably only do a small area - like the SGC. They did a much bigger area in Thor's Chariot, but that may have been a non-telescopic version.

I'm referring to Hero Designer here, which has modifiers for increased arc 240 and 360. So I'd assume that spatial awareness is already limited arc. However, is seems the Beliskner was teleporting everything below and to the sides of it, and how would I replicate the disassembly-style teleportation of the Goa'uld pyramids?

Another thing I'm wondering is, can it already penetrate underground, or would I need some modifier like indirect?

I'm referring to Hero Designer here, which has modifiers for increased arc 240 and 360. So I'd assume that spatial awareness is already limited arc. However, is seems the Beliskner was teleporting everything below and to the sides of it, and how would I replicate the disassembly-style teleportation of the Goa'uld pyramids?

Another thing I'm wondering is, can it already penetrate underground, or would I need some modifier like indirect?

I think the FAQ goes into what senses can penetrate walls - from what I remember, a sense built with 'detect physical objects' (as spatial awareness is) can do that, as can any other that reasonably wouldn't just stop at a wall. As a GM, I'd probably personally require indirect or something like that on the sense for it to go through more than a small distance of solid matter, but that's my call, it's not how the game works. :)

For the disassembly-style teleportation, that might just be 'extra mass' bought as a naked adder, with the limitation 'extra time' on it. And yeah, that was in the ep Thor's Chariot. That's why I reckon the spacial awareness should be built with the telescopic bit being reduced arc (very small, sweeping only a small distance at a time). But at short range, it can lock onto everything in a 180-degree arc.

For further accuracy, you might want to buy the teleport itself as limited arc, but buy it multiple times (using the +5 'double the number of systems' adder). In 'Small Victories', Teal'c is outside the ship, and they can't teleport him back in because he's too close - the teleporter near him has been knocked out, and he's out of the arc of the others (or something like that). In any case, he has to kick off and float some distance away before he can be ported back inside. Having multiple systems may allow it to teleport multiple people, when more than one arc intersects.

You could also buy it as a single teleport power, autofire - but buying it as multiple systems makes it easier to handle when the ship starts taking damage, and starts losing systems.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got a good stat model for the Asgard technologies and ships? In particular' date=' their ability to zero in on and teleport multiple targets simultaneously across quite a distance? And would their hyperspace drives (Ida Galaxy to Milky Way in [u']a few minutes[/u] ) be best represented as MegaRange Teleport Extra Time or EDM?

Well as far as ship movement if it was teleport you would have to have the limitation "Must pass through the intervening space" given that Asgard ships can attack and be attacked in hyperspace.

On the Asgard transporters I would say that they are Teleport Area effect selective useable against others probably no more than a 3 inch radius. You can run it any way you like for special effect of only being able to transport people in certain places. If it's good for the story so be it. If you want to you could have 4 to 6 in an EC each one pertaining to whatever arc you decide. You also have to keep in mind the range of the power being determined by it's active points. You need to make sure it will reach the distance you need. A ranged attack power like this requires that your target be within range of the power.

As for transporter targeting I would probably use telescoping N-Ray with the thing I couldn't see through be the molten core of a planet eg. things of a certain temperature or greater.

Shockwave