Quantized: Advantage for review

Guest C_Zeree

Guest C_Zeree

Quantized (+1/4, or +3/4 if attack is special like NND or AVLD)

While Autofire allows a character build a greater power out of smaller pieces, Quantized can break a larger power into its smaller components. This advantage works best for attack powers, but it could be applied to any power with discrete “steps.†It allows a character to break up the power and apply separating dice of damage, the “steps,†as autofire shots.

Quantized Example

[*]88 pts - 10d6 EB with Autofire (5 shots, +1/2), Quantized (+1/4)

[*]56 pts - 5d6 EB with Autofire (10 shots, +1), Quantized (+1/4)

[/list=1]

One - Allows a character to do 5 – 10d6 blasts, 10 – 5d6 blasts, 4 – 5d6 & 3 – 10d6 blasts, 20 – 2d6 & 1 – 10d6 blasts, 50 – 1d6 blasts :D, and so on.

Two – Allows a character to do 10 – 5d6 blasts, 20 – 2d6 & 2 – 5d6 blasts, 10 – 3d6 & 10 2d6 blasts, 50 – 1d6 blasts, and so on.

It is evident both are versatile powers, more so than if purchased straight autofire, hence the +1/4 advantage cost. Even though both can perform 50 – 1d6 blasts, One costs more because it can do 5 – 10d6 blasts, while Two can only do 10 – 5d6 blasts. This seems right because the more points in the EB the greater chance it has of overcoming defenses and doing real damage.

I thought about making Quantized a +0 Adv, but I could not see placing it on a placing it on a power and getting AF for free.

Quantized seems to be a particular use Advantage. I “created†it because I couldn’t get the feel of a spell right using normal autofire. However, since the work is done I wanted to contribute it to the archives.

Reviews and thoughts are welcome.

Review, stir, bake for 2 hrs @ 350 degrees, &serve when cool. :)