Creating Weather Effects

MagicPegasus

Question

I have a powerfull supervillain that can create any type of weather condition over a large area using Change Environment. If she wants to create a hurricane, do the prexisting weather conditions have to be condusive to a hurricane in the first place, or can I take that as a limitation for the power? Would she only be able to create one over warm ocean areas for about a 4 month period each year and only if there was a tropical depression there to begin with, because those would be the natural conditions before any hurricane could form naturally. That's the effect I'm trying to go for. Could I take the limitations: Existing Weather Conditions Must Be Condusive to Forming a Given Type of Weather Effect (-1/2), Weather Effect Must Behave Simularly to Natural Weather (-1/2). For instance, she could only create the hurricane over warm ocean areas, only durring a 4 month period each year, there must already be a tropical depression ther. Also the hurricane she creates would have to follow one of the traditional hurricane routes at a normal speed and if it goes too far inland it will diminish and just become a regular thunderstorm. She could also create fog or a winter blizard or any other type of weather and those two limitations would apply to whatever type of weather she wants to create. In the 5E rulebook it has an Ice Sheet as an example. Could that ice sheet be created in the middle of a desert, and as soon as END is no longer paid the ice begins to melt like normal? I want my character to only create an ice sheet in the winter and on relatively cold ground. Could you tell me if the two limitations I made would be apropreate, or if the power is supposed to work differently?

1 answer to this question

Re: Creating Weather Effects

I suggest you take a look at the Weather Control powers in the section of the same name in The UNTIL Superpowers Database. They cover a wide variety of options for creating weather effects, including taking the ambient weather into account.

Re: ice sheets in the desert, see 5ER 135.