Usuable By Others: Differing Modifiers

nelay

Question

In our FH game we have a mage with several UBO Simultaneously powers. He wants to be able to grant them on the other party members without the recipients needing the Magic Skill Roll, Focus, etc. Turning to my shiny new copy of 5ER I found the Differing Modifiers section of 5ER page 276. The example there is clear, but it uses basic UBO.....

This leads to my question (I am keeping in mind (1) the Differing Modifiers section indicates using that method should not be a cheap way for him to get the power himself, (2)the mage is always effecting himself when he use the powers, (3) NONE of the other characters who would be receiving the power(s) have a Magic Skill Roll so would normally be unable to use the power without using the Differing Modifiers method of computation.)

Since the mage is ALWAYS one of the characters who uses the power(s) when he grants it to the other party members and sometimes uses them without any other party members having them simultaneously, what is the correct method to compute cost for his spells?

1 answer to this question