Character: Tombstone Taylor

Greatwyrm

Here's my first shot at a Pulp character. I see him more as a Mobster/PI movie character than an Indiana Jones type, but you could probably fit him in just about anywhere.Also, my apologies if the format stinks. For some reason, I'm having trouble convincing Hero Designer to export the way I want. I'm sure it's just user error, but trouble all the same.-------------------Tombstone TaylorPlayer:

Val Char Cost
13 STR 3
13 DEX 9
15 CON 10
15 BODY 10
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
10 PD 9
5 ED 2
3 SPD 7
10 REC 8
38 END 4
40 STUN 10
6" RUN02" SWIM02 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 72
Cost Power END
10 Tough as Leather: Physical Damage Reduction, 25% 0
Powers Cost: 10
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Boxing
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3 2) Clinch: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 28 STR / 15 STR for holding on
4 3) Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5 1/2d6 / 3d6 Strike
5 4) Hook: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 7 1/2d6 / 5d6 Strike
4 5) +1 HTH Damage Class(es)
Martial Arts Cost: 20
Cost Skill
9 +3 Boxing
0 AK: Chicago 8-
5 Acting 12-
0 Climbing 8-
0 Concealment 8-
0 Conversation 8-
0 Deduction 8-
0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
3 Language: Italian (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)
2 PS: Boxing 11-
3 Paramedics 11-
0 Persuasion 8-
3 Shadowing 11-
3 Stealth 12-
0 TF: Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
0 WF: Clubs, Fist-Loads, Unarmed Combat
Skills Cost: 28
Val Disadvantages
5 Enraged: When someone taunts him about being a killer (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-
5 Hunted: Marcus Huskin's Family 8- (As Pow, Limited Geographical Area, Harshly Punish)
10 Money: Destitute
0 Normal Characteristic Maxima
10 Psychological Limitation: Doesn't use guns. (Uncommon, Strong)
15 Reputation: Killer, 14- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)
10 Unluck: 2d6
Disadvantage Points: 55

Base Points: 75Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 130

Height: 1.84 m Hair: Black
Weight: 84.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Frank has a lean and athletic build. He keeps his black hair cut in a close flat-top.Personality: Frank Taylor is a broken man with little left to lose. At this low point in his life, he'd take just about any break he could get.Quote:Background: Frantk Taylor was on his way to the top of the boxing world, when the world decided to fall on top of him. Ranked as the best amatuer in Chicago, Frank had just one more fight to go before starting his pro career. That was the night that changed his life.

Near the end of the third round, Frank had Marcus Huskin practically out on his feet. Just as the ref was moving in to stop the fight, Frank threw a big right cross that landed just above Huskin's temple. The ringside doctor claimed Huskin was dead before he hit the canvas.

There was an immediate explosion in the press and the amatuer boxing ranks. Was Huskin trying to throw the fight? Did Taylor purposely throw a punch after the ref stopped the fight? Was either man somehow connected to the Mob?

Branded "Tombstone" Taylor by the papers, Frank was arrested and tried for murder. He was eventually cleared and Huskin's death ruled an accident, but Frank was never allowed to fight again, not that anyone would have stepped in the ring with him. Huskin's family never accepted the court's decision and Frank never forgave himself. Now his only fight is with the memories of that fateful night and only the Chicago boxing fans remember the monster "Tombstone" Taylor.

Powers/Tactics: Frank is a fighter at heart. He sees guns as only a crutch for those too weak to really learn how to defend themselves.Campaign Use: Tombstone Taylor could be a good guy or an enemy. He'd work easlily as well as a newfound friend in the middle of a bar fight as a Mob leg breaker just looking to make a buck.