Another Star Wars thread

Guest voodoo54

Guest voodoo54

Quick Disclaimer, I know there has been plenty of material here and elsewhere put out on Star Wars. Besides wanting to start up a Ninja Hero campaign I'm thinking about running a Star Wars Hero campaign.

What I was wanting to do is make the Force a talent (call it 'Strong with the Force') that a player has to purchase for maybe 15 character points. Then from there the player can purchase specific powers catagorized under Light or Dark side powers. Then after purchasing so many powers and putting so many points into the specific power and putting so many points into you skill with the power (CSLs etc.) you would rise in rank (padowan (sp?), Jedi, Jedi knight, Jedi master). Also if you purchase the Perk 'Trained by Jedi Master' (another consideration) this would speed up your ability to learn.

Another way I was thinking is putting together Jedi package deals that encompass all the good and bad things that go with being a Jedi or Sith along the same 'rank' structure as previously discussed. So you would start off by purchasing the novice rank package with its skills, talents, perks disadvantages, and powers. Then when you earned enough experience points you could purchase the next 'higher' package deal.

Any Ideas on this? Suggestions, gripes, complaints.