Homage Universe Characters

humantorch101

As I mentioned in my ideas for a Spider-Man thread, I am restarting my Homage Universe and throught it would be nice to share the characters. I have decided on the rules that all characters must be original, no direct translations from champions or mutants and masterminds and they must all be direct homages to DC/Marvel characters.

I will be posting my previous characters as wel llike the Raven and Astroman.

rgds

Torch

Kid AmazingKid AmazingPlayer:

Val Char Cost
50 STR 40
40 DEX 90
35 CON 50
20 BODY 20
20 INT 10
25 EGO 30
25 PRE 15
15 COM 3
20 PD 10
17 ED 10
8 SPD 30
20 REC 6
70 END 0
63 STUN 0
12" RUN02" SWIM010" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 314
Cost Power END
10 I Cant Fail! : Physical Damage Reduction, 25% 0
10 I Cant Fail!: Energy Damage Reduction, 25% 0
25 How Does He Do That: Luck 5d6 0
12 Fast: Running +6" (12" total) 1
33 Entering the Dark Dimension: Teleportation 20", Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass (50 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 10
47 Powers of the Dark Dimension: Multipower, 70-point reserve, (70 Active Points); all slots Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)
2u 1) Dark Leeching Touch: Drain DEX 3d6 (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 6
4u 2) DarkBolt: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 12
5u 3) Night Chains: Entangle 7d6, 7 DEF (70 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 14
3u 4) Blinded by the Dark: Sight Group Flash 8d6 (40 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 8
4u 5) Total Darkness: Darkness to Sight and Hearing Groups 6" radius (65 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 12
21 Gadget Pool: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 16 base + 5 control cost, (24 Active Points); all slots VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 176
Cost Skill
11 Acrobatics 21-
24 +3 with All Combat
3 Breakfall 17-
3 Climbing 17-
5 Computer Programming 14-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Contortionist 17-
8 Defense Maneuver I-III
3 Inventor 13-
5 SS Physics 14-
5 SS Chemistry 14-
5 SS Biology 14-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 17-
4 KS Freedom City 13-
4 KS Chess 13-
4 KS The Internet 13-
Skills Cost: 96
Cost Perk
4 Reputation (A large group) 11-, +2/+2d6
Perks Cost: 4
Cost Talent
3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)
18 Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)
17 Combat Sense 15-
4 Double Jointed
5 Eidetic Memory
5 Rapid Healing
Talents Cost: 52
Val Disadvantages
20 Dependence: Must Enter The Dark Dimension Powers Gain 11- Activation Roll (Uncommon, 1 Hour)
20 Dependent NPC: Uncle Matt 11- (Incompetent; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
20 Dependent NPC: Nicole Watts 11- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
15 Hunted: Rogues Gallery 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: Proffessor Hydra 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
5 Money: Poor
20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Very Frequently, Major)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Light Powers (Uncommon)
25 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs Killing (Very Common, Total)
25 Psychological Limitation: My Destiny is to Help Others (Very Common, Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Shy and Unsure Around Women (Very Common, Moderate)
20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with the fate of his Parents (Common, Total)
Disadvantage Points: 210

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 232Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 642

Height: 1.75 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 65.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Paul Pender always looked the ultimate school nerd. Since gaining his powers he has gained much solid muscle but manages to hide this well under baggy clothes in school he has longish brown hair and wears glasses. In costume Kid Amazing wears a silvery and black costume with the black being in the design of clouds of billowing darkness he wears silver boots and gloves and his cowl is also silver. His chest has a stylised KA in gold.Personality: In his personal life Paul is still very unsure of himself and still lacking in confidence, All his school fears about being unpopular and geeky resurface and he is still being bullied quite reguarly. He is deeply besotted by Nicole Watts his schools head cheerleader who of course does not even know Paul exists but strangely is Kid Amazing's number one fan. His uncle Matt is a huge source of inspiration for Paul being a Gulf War veteran and hero and much of Matt's code of ethics and bravery have rubbed off on his teenage nephew. In costume Paul is the opposite seemingly very confident almost to the point of recklesness. Almost as if he is free of his everyday life and can truly be himself while in costume.Quote:"Now you See Me Now You Dont"Background: Paul Pender was his most famous high school geek. President of the chess club and Mr. internet he did not even try to to talk to girls, they did not even know he exsisted. He was bullied and ridiculed and that was a good day. His parents tried to make him more outgoing and social but nothing seemed to work, he only seemed truly happy around his uncle Matt who was a techinican at Astro Labs. One day Uncle Matt had good news he had got Paul a work placement at Astro Labs for a few weeks working under the famous Professor Hydra. Paul was soon helping Hydra with his experiments to tap into what Hydra called the Fifth Dimension. Paul soon found that Hydra's work was flawed and he was cuting dangerous corners. He tried to speak to Hydra but was dismissed as a foolish teenager. Paul accepted this as the great professor must know best. The day of the expirement turned into a terrible disaster. Paul's parents were their proud of their sons work, little did they know it would be their death. When Hydra started the expirement strange dark energies flowed into the room tearing a whole in the fabric of reality and building a bridge to the Dark Dimension. In a massive explosion everyone was either killed or thrown into the dimensional warp. Only Paul and Professor Hydra seemingly srvived but both were changed and altered by the dark energies forever. Since then Paul has served Freedom City as Kid Amazing with Professor Hydra being forever in the background as his arch nemesis.Powers/Tactics: Paul was changed by the conenction to the Dark Dimension becoming physically much more powerful gaining super human speed strength and endurance as well as the amazing ability to call on the Dark Dimension and manifest it in our universe for various effects. Paul is stil lquite inexperianced with his powers but so far can cover an area in darkness or project bolts or missiles of darkness for various effects. lastly he can also enter in and out of the dark dimension appearing to vansish and appear in another location. Al lthese powers are very tiring however and he is unable to keep up their effects for very long. Being a budding inventor and scientist he has a small gadget pool he can use to whip up minor effects when needed. Lastly Paul does not understand where his new found luck comes from but it always seems to help him when he needs it most.Campaign Use: Kid Amazing is the Homage Universe's version of Spider-Man. I did not want to use spider powers directly but instead went with something else which seemed a bit weird and strange. His role and personality however are pure Spider-Man. He is the cocky kid superhero who always seems to come up trumps and one of the most popular heroes in my universe.

Kid Amazing

Mmmm that did not work.

Kid Amazing

Player:

Val Char Cost

50 STR 40

40 DEX 90

35 CON 50

20 BODY 20

20 INT 10

25 EGO 30

25 PRE 15

15 COM 3

20 PD 10

17 ED 10

8 SPD 30

20 REC 6

70 END 0

63 STUN 0

12" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

10" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 314

Cost Power

10 I Cant Fail! : Physical Damage Reduction, 25%

10 I Cant Fail!: Energy Damage Reduction, 25%

25 How Does He Do That: Luck 5d6

12 Fast: Running +6" (12" total)

33 Entering the Dark Dimension: Teleportation 20", Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass (50 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

47 Powers of the Dark Dimension: Multipower, 70-point reserve, (70 Active Points); all slots Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

2u 1) Dark Leeching Touch: Drain DEX 3d6 (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

4u 2) DarkBolt: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

5u 3) Night Chains: Entangle 7d6, 7 DEF (70 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

3u 4) Blinded by the Dark: Sight Group Flash 8d6 (40 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

4u 5) Total Darkness: Darkness to Sight and Hearing Groups 6" radius (65 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

21 Gadget Pool: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 16 base + 5 control cost, (24 Active Points); all slots VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 176

Cost Skill

11 Acrobatics 21-

24 +3 with All Combat

3 Breakfall 17-

3 Climbing 17-

5 Computer Programming 14-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Contortionist 17-

8 Defense Maneuver I-III

3 Inventor 13-

5 SS Physics 14-

5 SS Chemistry 14-

5 SS Biology 14-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 17-

4 KS Freedom City 13-

4 KS Chess 13-

4 KS The Internet 13-

Skills Cost: 96

Cost Perk

4 Reputation (A large group) 11-, +2/+2d6

Perks Cost: 4

Cost Talent

3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)

18 Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)

17 Combat Sense 15-

4 Double Jointed

5 Eidetic Memory

5 Rapid Healing

Talents Cost: 52

Total Character Cost: 642

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Dependence: Must Enter The Dark Dimension Powers Gain 11- Activation Roll (Uncommon, 1 Hour)

20 Dependent NPC: Uncle Matt 11- (Incompetent; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

20 Dependent NPC: Nicole Watts 11- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

15 Hunted: Rogues Gallery 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Proffessor Hydra 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

5 Money: Poor

20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Very Frequently, Major)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Light Powers (Uncommon)

25 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs Killing (Very Common, Total)

25 Psychological Limitation: My Destiny is to Help Others (Very Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Shy and Unsure Around Women (Very Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with the fate of his Parents (Common, Total)

Disadvantage Points: 210

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 232

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background/history is on the HD File.

Re: Kid Amazing

Mmmm that did not work.

It didn't work because some board features -- like the ability to include working HTML -- have been turned off for security reasons. (Dan went into it in modest detail a while back.)

If you want to keep your spacing nice and neat, put vB code tags "CODE" around it, like this:

Kid Amazing

Player: 

Val    Char  Cost
50     STR    40
40     DEX    90
35     CON    50
20     BODY   20
20     INT    10
25     EGO    30
25     PRE    15
15     COM     3

20     PD     10
17     ED     10
8     SPD    30
20     REC     6
70     END     0
63     STUN    0

12"    RUN     0
2"    SWIM    0
10"    LEAP    0
Characteristics Cost: 314

(Just a short example to illustrate what I mean. ;) )

P.S. If you don't want something like this post of mine cluttering up your homage character thread, let me know and I'll delete it. If you see it and are informed as a result, it's done its job and can be removed. :)