Full Metal Panic! Tech Conversion

Cantriped

Ok, after spending most of the last 3 days rewatching the entire first series (which I happen to own on DVD) I thought it would be fun to see if it was Possible to Convert the Lamda Driver over to hero. The version presented here is more for a powered armor suit rather then an AS (Unless sombody can set up a workable AS conversion for me *wink wink nod nod*). Its far from finished but I figured I'd see if I'd missed any of the uses covered in the series and poll what mechanics I should use for it. I'd considered using a VPP, but the LD dosn't see quite That versatile

Personnel Lamda Driver

The Personnel Lamda Driver (or PLD for short) is a device which converts the operator’s powerful emotions into actual physical force. Though inanely powerful, the PLD is also very unreliable unless the operator is both strong of will and especially trained.

A. The PLD’s A function is by far its most basic, it is defensive in nature essentially it creates forcefield around the operator which keeps the operator from taking damage.

B. The PLD’s B function is similar in some ways to it’s a function in that it defends the Operator, except that B function acts more like a mirror, reflecting munitions back at their originator, with a fair bit of extra power added onto it.

C. The PLD’s C Function is the most obviously offensive, in this mode the Operator gathers a bolt of force in his palm and literally flings it at the target.

D. The PLDs D Function allows the conventional (or even not so conventional) weapon the operator is using to pierce enemy defenses more easily.

PLD Skill: All PLD functions require the “PLD Control†skill, this Ego-Based Power skill represents that the character can not only “psych himself upâ€, but that he also knows how to visualize the effects he’s trying to create clearly enough for the PLD to activate. The PLD’s C and D functions are both subject to Skill Vs. Skill contests, and have Side-effects for failing said contests. In order to initiate a contest both operators must be equipped with a PLD and be using the same Function against the other within Melee range. Both make their Skill Rolls normally and the one who makes his roll by the most (or at the who failed by the least depending) simply overpowers the other PLD, causing the afore mentioned Side Effects (usually an explosion effecting everything but the successful operator). This side effect is in addition to the Functions normal effect (assuming that the successful operator actually managed to activate the PLD correctly)