Scary Bug

yamamura

***WARNING*** If you don't like creepy crawlies, read no further.....

Here is a little roach that was in my dream that I had the other night and adjusted from the Insect Swarm in the Hero Bestiary.

[b]Shadow Eater Swarm - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
-35    STR     -45   -35      2-       HTH Damage 0d6  END [0]
14    DEX     12   14      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
10    CON     0   10      11-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
5     INT     -5   5      10-       PER Roll 10-
5     EGO     -10   5      10-       ECV: 2
8     PRE     -2   8      11-       PRE Attack: 1 1/2d6
8     COM     -1   8      11-
1     PD      1   1             1 PD (0 rPD)
1     ED      -1   1             1 ED (0 rED)
3     SPD     6   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
2     REC     0   2
20    END     0   20
20    STUN    3   20
2     RUN      -8   2"                END [1]
0     SWIM     -2   0"                END [0]
1     LEAP     0   1"                1" forward, 0 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: -48[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
8      [b][i]Insect Legs[/i][/b]: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4) - END=0
1      [b][i]Insect Legs[/i][/b]: Leaping +1" (1" forward, 0 1/2" upward) - END=1
0      [b][i]Insectile[/i][/b]: Running -5" (already figured in) - END=0
0      [b][i]Insectile[/i][/b]: Swimming -2" (already figured in) - END=0
26     [b][i]Shadow Eating[/i][/b]: RKA 1/2d6, Affects Desolidified Shadows (+1/4), Indirect (Same origin, any direction; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), NND (Force Field protecting shadow or not casting a shadow; +1) (32 Active Points); Must be able to get to the shadow (-1/4) - END=0
6      [b][i]Six Legs[/i][/b]: Extra Limbs , Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points) - END=0
24     [b][i]Swarm Form[/i][/b]: Desolidification  (affected by affected by any attack), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) - END=0
10     [b][i]Swarm Form[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Not Versus Area Of Effect/Explosion Attacks (-1/2) - END=0
5      [b][i]Swarm Form[/i][/b]: Increased Arc Of Perception (360-Degree) with Normal Sight - END=0
40     [b][i]Swarm Form[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Not Versus Area Of Effect/Explosion Attacks (-1/2) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 120[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
0      Physical Limitation: Human Size
20     Physical Limitation:  Instinctive Intelligence All the Time, Greatly Impairing
15     Physical Limitation:  Very Limited Manipulation Frequently, Greatly Impairing
25     Susceptibility:  Sunlight/Artifical Sunlight, 3d6 damage Instant (Very Common)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 60[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 72

Shadow Eaters appear to be a variety of roaches about 3 inches long and while found in large groups, they are not able to reproduce. Occultists speculate that they are formed by regular roaches being exposed to mystic energy originating from the shadow realms. When this happens the roach becomes a creature able to eat shadows. Against a creature of shadow or a person who can become one, their attacks directly affects the shadow body. It is when they attack a person that they are truly horrific. They swarm on the targets shadow eating at it. This causes the person to begin to have bite wounds on those areas that correspond to where roaches are eating. Slowly and horrifically, the target is eaten alive.

Luckily they are unable to reproduce and sunlight (even the artificial version) kills them.

Comments???