Device Question: Gravity Leveler

nexus

I am currently working on a write up of the character Violet from Ultra Violet and I had a question about one of her devices. Some spoilers.

The gravity leveller apparently allows the user to essentially select which direction is "down" for them creating a personal gravitational field that allows for such stunts as walking (and riding) on walls and ceilings, "falling" up and sideways and other wire fu type stunts.

My initial idea of how to built it was "Flight: 30" (likely higher) Only to simulate gravitational effects (-1), No Turn Mode (+1/2), actually movement speed limited to Ground Movement (-1/2) It would also have to be UAA and/or a small AE as the character used it while riding a motorcycle.

Only to simulate gravity means you could only walk on solids you could normally move on, would leave foot prints, make noise, etc as normal, if you stepped over an opening you'd "fall" as appropriate, etc. You could move no faster than your normal ground based movement except for falling where you would accelerate to terminal velocity.

Some degree of Superleap might be appropriate as well.

Feedback or critiques?

Re: Device Question: Gravity Leveler

I am currently working on a write up of the character Violet from Ultra Violet and I had a question about one of her devices. Some spoilers.

The gravity leveller apparently allows the user to essentially select which direction is "down" for them creating a personal gravitational field that allows for such stunts as walking (and riding) on walls and ceilings, "falling" up and sideways and other wire fu type stunts.

My initial idea of how to built it was "Flight: 30" (likely higher) Only to simulate gravitational effects (-1), No Turn Mode (+1/2), actually movement speed limited to Ground Movement (-1/2) It would also have to be UAA and/or a small AE as the character used it while riding a motorcycle.

Only to simulate gravity means you could only walk on solids you could normally move on, would leave foot prints, make noise, etc as normal, if you stepped over an opening you'd "fall" as appropriate, etc. You could move no faster than your normal ground based movement except for falling where you would accelerate to terminal velocity.

Some degree of Superleap might be appropriate as well.

Feedback or critiques?

Watching the movie, I thought the classic "Flight, oly in contact with a surface." The "Only to simulate gravitational effects" sounds good, but I think -1 is a little high.

Re: Device Question: Gravity Leveler

yeah, Flight (only in contact with a surface that can support the weight) and (only up to normal movement speed). and either UAA or the 1 hex AoE.

the first one cause we never saw her run/ride across water.

the second so she can't run faster than she normally can, but should be bought up to whatever speed you think the bike was going.

the third so she can ride a bike up/across walls.

these are off the top o' my head.