Adjustment Questions

SpydirShellX

Question

Forgot the last one.

Can you drain the BODY of a focus? Page 151 in the revised hero systems book mentions that Unbreakable Foci have power defense equal to DEFx4 for resisting Drain BODY or Drain DEF attacks. As far as I can figure, however, this would mean that any drain that targeted and hit a focus without Unbreakable or Power Defense would take it out. Is this correct?

1 answer to this question

Re: Adjustment Questions

At the risk of sounding snide (which isn't my intention, I promise! :) ), there wouldn't be any need for having specific rules on Draining the BODY or DEF of a Focus on 5ER 151 if Draining the BODY or DEF of a Focus wasn't allowed. ;) Again, though, whether it makes sense (common or dramatic) to do so, and whether the GM allows it, is another question entirely.

If a Drain hits a Focus that's not protected by Power Defense, then yes, it will take "BODY" damage and "break" -- but as noted on the bottom left of 5ER 151, unless the Drain reduces the object's BODY to 0 or the GM rules otherwise, the Drained BODY's just going to return in 1 Turn like normal.