Multi-Powered Martial Arts: Throw in Telios' "Fighting Arts of a Dozen Lands"

Hierax

Question

I'd like to Throw in a Throw to Telios' "Fighting Arts of a Dozen Lands" Multi-Power (CU134) but I'm not sure how much to cost the base points of a throw at.

I turned to the UMA for help, but while it gives some ideas it doesn't have anything definitive on this:

UMA.91, for building Martial Maneuvers, says +1 point for adding the throw element which is the same cost as adding a +1d6 of damage so that would seem to indicate that the Throw element in a multipower would be worth ~5 Points.

But.

UMA.104, for adding Advantages to Maneuvers, costs Throw at 25 points.

So, when putting a Throw into a Martial Arts Multi-Power, should one just split the different and cost Throw at 15 Points (or just leave it a 5 or 25 points)?

Sorry to bother you with this, Steve, but the section UMA.133, on Multi-Powered Martial Arts, only deals with Strikes and I was looking for some official guidelines/advice on how to expand things and do non-strike maneuvers in a Martial Arts Multipower.

Thanks!

Jason

1 answer to this question

The costs in "Adding Advantages" are specifically not supposed to be used in the manner you describe. To build the maneuver you're talking about, just buy extra STR with some sort of Limitation like "Only To Throw." Buy enough STR to account for the velocity of most moving characters per the Martial Throw rules; the Limitation caps the damage as what it would be if you were using a Martial Throw.