Sweep, skill levels and maneuvers

Psylint

Hey folks, maybe this should be up in Steve's Rules Questions thing, but I hate to bother him with it.

I'm having trouble deciding what the ending DCV should be when a martial artist sweeps with a + DCV maneuver like Defensive Strike.

For example: Suppose my martial artist is DEX 30, Two Weapon Fighting, has Defensive Strike which affords + 2 DCV, has 4 DCV levels that are persistent because of 10 pts of Combat Maneuver, and 4 Overall Levels which he wants to put on DCV.

He sweeps Defensive Strike against the same target twice what's his final DCV?

I can see arguments for 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15

I appreciate any help.

Re: Sweep, skill levels and maneuvers

Hey folks, maybe this should be up in Steve's Rules Questions thing, but I hate to bother him with it.

I'm having trouble deciding what the ending DCV should be when a martial artist sweeps with a + DCV maneuver like Defensive Strike.

For example: Suppose my martial artist is DEX 30, Two Weapon Fighting, has Defensive Strike which affords + 2 DCV, has 4 DCV levels that are persistent because of 10 pts of Combat Maneuver, and 4 Overall Levels which he wants to put on DCV.

He sweeps Defensive Strike against the same target twice what's his final DCV?

I can see arguments for 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15

I appreciate any help.

As I'm tracking it, I see 10

Base CV 10 + 2 for your Defensive Strike (Lowest DCV bonus associated with Martial Maneuver used, as per rules) + 4 DCV levels + 4 Overall levels on DCV = 20 DCV, divided in half from Sweep Maneuver = 10 DCV.

Re: Sweep, skill levels and maneuvers

I agree with Amadan if in a game where Rapid Fire and Sweep are not default maneuvers. Per 5er' date=' if you have two weapon fighting in a game that allows these as default maneuvers, the halving is converted to -2 DCV and he would have an 18 DCV.[/quote']

Yeah... I didn't realize that they'd changed the optional implementation of 2 weapon fighting to a more "standard" option in 5ER. In which case, yeah 18 is right.