Moveby with damage Shield

Diamond_J

Question

Gotta question regarding moveby's and damage shield

If I (my character) has activated a damage shield, and wants to do a moveby would he need the (+1/4) advantage, adds damage to punches. The effect is that the character charges up with energy and then proceeds to collide through multiple opponents all in one fluid transition.

My understanding:

(+1/4) advantage is not present on moveby

Damage shield applies to opponents defenses separately, then moveby damage is calculated and applied. Opponent applies his defenses twice, once for each portion of the attack (moveby then damage shield).

(+1/4) advantage is present on moveby

Damage shield and moveby damage add together then are applied (combined) to opponents defenses.

or is it:

(+1/4) advantage is not present on moveby

Damage shield will not do any damage with moveby. The damage Shield is only activated defensively when others attack, not when damage shield user is attacking even in this manner.

(+1/4) advantage is present on moveby

Damage shield applies to opponents defenses separately, then moveby damage is calculated and applied. Opponent applies his defenses twice, once for each portion of the attack (moveby then damage shield).

or I'm I a jackass and it's neither?

1 answer to this question

Re: Moveby with damage Shield

If a character wants to be able to affect his opponents with a Damage Shield when he does a Move By on them, the Damage Shield needs the additional +1/4 Advantage to make it do damage when the character strikes people (as opposed to being struck by them). When he hits someone with a Move By, the target takes the Damage Shield damage and the Move By damage; defenses apply to each part of the attack separately.

I think that covers your questions; if I missed something please post a follow-up. ;)