Edward Hoffmann: WWII German Mage

Nerdnumber1

This is a rough draft of a WWII game character who fled to the allies from Germany.

[ATTACH]30317[/ATTACH]

I really only want to discuss the mechanical aspects of the character, especially his glass jaw. The GM said that, since we're at war, killing attacks will be common (hence the higher resistent defenses and healing). I'm especially afraid that all my defences are worthless when I'm unconscious, but I don't know how to easily fit in an inexpensive persistent defensive power. My first and only other character was a 350pnt brick with most points thrown into characteristics, so a character that can't walk away from skydiving without a parachute feels vulnerable.

Re: Edward Hoffmann: WWII German Mage

A bit low on STUN and CON.

The Magical End Battery is a real Lifesaver because of it.

You need two more XP.

I'm still tweaking it, but the high dex will hopefully allow a first strike, run for cover, and sufficient dcv. Still a bit of a step down from the 40con, 90stun of my current brick.

Considering that he is a 75 base Points Character, may I suggest that you reduce him to Dex 18 and SPD 4 ?

I think you can get some Points free from that.

I had the dex at 18 and 2 ranged csls before, but I saw that I could up the dex to 23 for the price of the csls. Do you think 6cv will be enough? Hoffmann is a duelist: quick and deadly, perfering not to get his coat full of holes. I specifically specified "capture" for my hunteds rather than "kill" to prevent fatality (there are only so many skilled mages in 1940 and every one is valuable; plus, the Hoffmann manor has a few secrets that its previous occupant might be able to unlock).

How high cv/how many csls should an expert duelist have in a 250 point game? I'm thinking ranged martial artist/energy projector.

I do not know the premisses of your game.

But did you consider Lightning Reflexes ? (If allowed.)

What is the rest of your Team ?

Your FF is pretty tough. So you do not need to worry about most conventional attacks.

(At least in my opinion.)

The game places a group of mostly patriotic, golden-age supers in a nazi-busting warzone (I assume a measure of covert ops, but rka armed Nazi thugs are one of the few things that have been confirmed.)

I considered lightning reflexes, but I'm not sure if it'll be cost efficient when normally purchaced dex helps so much (improved accuracy, evasion, stealth, etc).

I don't know too much about my teammates, but a few have rka firearms and at least one or two have missle reflection.

Your mention of "Conventional attacks" just reminded me of all the "unconventional" attacks that I'm vulnerable to. I bought a sprinkling of power and mental defense, but NNDs and all will kill me.

An ealier concept involved a small vpp for on the fly casting, but it was pretty expensive. Think I should reconsider?

The game places a group of mostly patriotic, golden-age supers in a nazi-busting warzone (I assume a measure of covert ops, but rka armed Nazi thugs are one of the few things that have been confirmed.)

I considered lightning reflexes, but I'm not sure if it'll be cost efficient when normally purchaced dex helps so much (improved accuracy, evasion, stealth, etc).

I don't know too much about my teammates, but a few have rka firearms and at least one or two have missle reflection.

Your mention of "Conventional attacks" just reminded me of all the "unconventional" attacks that I'm vulnerable to. I bought a sprinkling of power and mental defense, but NNDs and all will kill me.

An ealier concept involved a small vpp for on the fly casting, but it was pretty expensive. Think I should reconsider?

Nah.

In a conventional WarZone there are not many Gas Attacks running around.

Especially in WW2.

Same for Flashbangs and Stuff.

You can not have a defense against everything.

....and sometimes its helpful for the story if you go down.....

But as I said before: I know nothing about your game!

Nah.

In a conventional WarZone there are not many Gas Attacks running around.

Especially in WW2.

Same for Flashbangs and Stuff.

You can not have a defense against everything.

....and sometimes its helpful for the story if you go down.....

But as I said before: I know nothing about your game!

WW2 had lots of poison gas.

I don't know that much about my game either. My current game is 100 more points and 60 years appart. But my GM will screw with the players at any opportunity.

WW2 ?

Poison Gas ? Regulary used ?

I think you confuse it with WW 1.

They only used it in Gaschambers.

Ok, I rechecked and you're right. The Nazis had a hoard of chemical weapons and the Alies were affraid and prepared for chemical attacks. The Nazis just didn't want to risk retaliation with poison gas attack.

Then again, the Nazis did have these effective, devestating weapons since WWI, so fictional mega-nazi enemies could crack open their stores.