Damage Negation Hi/Low

ronpyatt

I'm really enjoying the sharp edged effect of the Damage Negation power. Very sweet.

I thought of a variant that might be exciting for rollplay (because I haven't figured out an in-game reason for it, yet): High Damage Negation and Low Damage Negation.

3 DC of Low DN, where the full damage dice are rolled and the lowest 3 damage dice are removed. I know it's a total twink job, but I could have fun with it. I might give it a -1/4 limitation, but I also might give a +1/4 advantage for a 3 DC of High DN, where the highest 3 dice are removed.

Re: Damage Negation Hi/Low

Interesting thought, but some things to ponder...

More dice means more of a limitation/advantage: roll 6d6 and expect the lowest dice to be 1,2,3. Roll 12d6 and expect the lowest dice to be 1,1,2.

Looking at 12d6, average of 3 dice is 10.5 stun, but low DN would get you an expected 4 points off (actually more like -1 1/2) where as high DN would get you an expected 17 points off; more like +1 1/2.

Re: Damage Negation Hi/Low

I'd probably go with a different number of base points per DC for that. Maybe 2 points/DC for removing low dice, and 8-10 points/DC for removing high dice. I actually like those options better than the default, because you don't have to muck with the number of dice rolled by the attacker based on the defender's powers. Hmm.