Multi-form skills, perks, and advantages

Reyemile

Question

When buying a multiform (say, the ability to turn into a cat), do I have to pay for perks like Wealth in the multiform? I'm unsure because on the one hand, the character can't spend money while in the shape of an elephant, but on the other, the human form is perfectly capable of buying a howdah that the elephant could then wear.

Similarly, does a multiform have to pay for the skills of the human form it can't benefit from (i.e. Combat Driving?)

Last, when building the Elephant character sheet as part of the multiform, can I sell off its everyman skills, such as Transport Familiarity and Shadowing, since the elephant is physically incapable of even entering a vehicle, let alone following someone stealthily?

1 answer to this question

Re: Multi-form skills, perks, and advantages

If you want to have a particular game element when in alternate form, you have to pay for it. If you don't pay for, e.g., Money, then the character has no Money when in alternate form. Maybe the Money just disappears, or maybe he simply can't access it (e.g., his appearance and fingerprints change so the bank won't acknowledge that it's his). See 6E1 269 for discussions of Followers, Perks, and Vehicles generally with Multiform. If you don't think an alternate form should have something (e.g., Combat Driving), then you definitely shouldn't buy it for that form.

What the GM will let you sell off is up to him, but personally I would never let someone sell back something he gets for free on an alternate form in the way you describe.