Blocking

nennafir

Hi,

I recently bought the 6th edition rules vol I and II, the champ powers book, champ universe, and unkindness, all from the Hero Games Store. That's a lot to read. :D

Anyway, I am going to start GMing the unkindness module soon and one of my characters has taken Deflection because she has telekinetic powers and they enable her to make ranged blocks.

Blocking is an attack action. I get that. But lets say character A and B are both going to act one a certain phase. Character A wants to attack and character B wants to block the attack. Now suppose that character A has a higher dex than character B. Does this mean that character B can't block the attack from character A, because the dex order means that B can't do anything yet that turn? Or is blocking treated more passively so that character B can block that turn (but it still of course uses up character B's attack action)?

I ask because reading the rules makes it seem like character B can't block, but most other gaming pnp rpg systems would let B block, so I am just trying to verify that I have read the rules correctly.