Side effects and rolls

Tom2405

Question

Hi iam a bit unsure about sideeffects and also about unified powers (writing from phone so spelling errors can happen)

Sideeffects: If i have a power where the player must make a skill roll else the power fails and a sideeffect happens is that that requires roll and side effect (with requires specific action modification)?

Or is that sinulated differently?

Tnx

1 answer to this question

I'm not sure I understand the question, so I'm going to restate what I think you're asking and answer that. If I get it wrong, please post again and I'll give it another try. :)

Q:  If I want to create a power where a character has to succeed with a Skill Roll to make the power function properly, and if the roll fails something bad happens to him, how do I do that using the HERO System rules?

A:  The typical way would be the Limitations Requires A Roll (in some form) and Side Effects. If you post on the Discussion board (where anyone can reply, not just me) and describe the power you have in mind in greater detail, you may get other useful suggestions from Herodom Assembled.