replacement for "Mega-Scale" (5th ed.)

No offense, but I've never really liked the write-up for the "Mega-Scale" Advantage -- to me, it never really meshed well with the Hero System's method of binary rounding. Therefore, I came up with my own (campaign-specific) replacement: 

http://fcain.tripod.com/hero5/increased_scale.html

Basically, for every +1/4 in "Increased Scale", you multiply _ALL_ distance-related aspects of the Power by 32 (i.e.: 2^5). And since the Hero System rounds binary, my house rule allows for a dramatic increase in range (plus are effect, etc.) that still allows for cosmic-scale distances relatively fast. 

This also allowed me to "fix" the "Increased Range" Advantage similarly (at least, for my own use). I didn't like how using this Advantage more than once did not mesh into the binary sequence. So, being the math nerd that I am, when I played around with some numbers, I noticed that the square root of 32 (i.e.: 2^2.5) was 5.6, which is very close to the "x5" factor given to the first level of "Increased Range". So, I modified "Inc. Range" to fit into my own sequence (as documented in my web page, above). 

Just wanted to share this, in case anyone else might want to use this. Also, I welcome your feedback on this idea. 

Thanks, 

Franklin