Vulnerable to Slow Attacks

Anaximander

I am only moderately familiar with Dune, having never actually read the books themselves, but...

Considering that in that context "slow" meant "low-velocity". A Slow Attack might include any Constant Area Of Effect attacks (such as flames or poison gas), Crushing damage, specific custom martial maneuvers with the +1 segment element, or you could allow characters to take Extra Time (Extra Phase) on a hand-to-hand attack to bypass the shield as an optional rule.

Specific weapons might also be designed to be effective against shielded targets. For example:

A Ballistic Weapon whose projectiles tunnel slowly into the shield-space/target after impact.
​A Landmine that spews deadly toxins into the shield-space/target through a nozzle/needle the target steps on.

A Surface the electrocutes targets in contact with it, (such as a keypanel or door they may have to operate through their shield).

A Melee Weapon or projectile that emits an "anti-shield-space" allowing it to damage through shielded targets without concern for velocity.

Mechanically, how you represent these weapons depends on how you represent the Shield Generator itself. If you use a form of Desolidification, you can use Affects Desolid to negate it. If you use Damage Negation, you can use Reduced Negation. If you use Resistant Protection you can use Armor-Piercing or Penetrating to reduce its effectiveness. If you use a Conditional modifier, you can use the appropriate special effects to negate it.

The way it works in the books is that if a HtH or hand held weapon attack is pushed in slowly it can enter inside the force shield.  I would think that taking a full phase or two accomplish getting inside the shield, but where the damage comes from the force of the momentum, the damage should be reduced or eliminated.  I figure I would have to play it by ear to decide how much damage is caused by the momentum, but I was wondering there are other fans of Dune who have built or considered the affect practically for there games that might offer better insights.