could someone help me with a step by step power example

TMK2300

I still can't get the power creation examples down.

I have followed the champions book power examples but some of them I can't follow ---I get a different point cost.

I think the one I got wrong was the one about a sonic flash.

It had a power PLUS another. I added it up differently.

Could someone please give me some step by step power creation examples?

Some that I could follow and duplicate (strictly for learning).

Thanks in advanced.

Champions, page 71. Sonic Blast is a two-part power.

First part:

9d6 Energy Blast. Energy Blast costs 5 points per 1d6. So 9d6 costs 45 points. So the first part has a cost of 45 points.

Second part:

5d6 Flash Hearing Group. Flash Hearing Group costs 3 points per 1d6. So 5d6 costs 15 points. The power has a -1/2 Limitation called Linked (Linked means the Flash can only be used with the Energy Blast). The Limitation makes the 15 points cost 10 (15 divided by 1.5 equals 10).

So the Real Cost of the power is 55 points. 45 from the first part and 10 from the second part. The Active Cost of the power is 60 (45+15=60).

Another simple example

Here's a small flamethrower:

HKA 2d6, Area of Effect (one hex, +1/2), Continuous (+1) (75 Active Points); No Strength Bonus (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge (1 minute, -3/4), Obvious Accessable Focus (-1) (21 real points)

An HKA costs 15 points per die. 2d6 BODY is plenty to seriously injure an ordinary human being; thus, 30 base points.

Area of Effect (+1/2) plus Continuous (+1) plus 1 (because any number times 1 is itself) equals 2.5; 30 times 2.5 equals 75 Active Points.

No Strength Bonus (-1/2) plus No Knockback (-1/4) plus 1 Continuing Fuel Charge (1 minute, -3/4) plus Obvious Accessable Focus (-1) plus 1 (because any number divided by 1 is itself too) equals 3.5; 75 divided by 3.5 equals about 21.43, which rounds down to 21 real points. -- Pteryx