Peer Review

Lorehunter

I have a tendency to abuse the rules without really thinking about it. In that light I would like to submit these characters for your opinions. 

The 1st is a Multiform themed around Arctic phenomena. Cold Front is the primary and the other two are the manifestations. Inua Pukak mean Ice Spirit and Silap Inua is a Air/Storm spirit (much more significant in actual Inuit Mythology).  

If pdf files are needed I can try to link those but my computer-ese skills are at Everyman lvl.

Cold Front.hdc Inua Pukak.hdc SilapInua.hdc

I'm new again to the 6e Champions game, but I"ve played 4th ed quite a bit... so I'll take a quick look.

1. First off, what are the campaign's limits on AP, OCV, SPD, DEF?

2. Where will these adventures be taking place.  I live around Chicago and can say there is probably only one day a year where the temp is > 100F.

3. I've never heard of anyone pushing a multiform, and wouldn't allow them to magically get points in the middle of the adventure for their alternate form, so talk to GM about that limitation.

That's just the main guy.  I didn't dig much into the spirit form.

Okay, quick look at the ice form.

#1. You can't take  (I would not allow) OIHID for a multiform.  You are, by definition, in the alternate id by being a multiform.

#2. Under multiform, it defines how focus interacts.  You cannot take more limitations for a focus, if your multiform originates from a focus, b/c it's understood that your multiforms will already have the focus with them. 

#3. You've taken three levels of characteristics, some with expendable focus.  I would allow that, but it might just be cheaper (less of a headache) to add another multiform, and have THAT multiform defined as needing some expendable ingredient so that it can be stronger.  It would be easier for everyone to track what form you are in with this method also.

#4. Again, what is the maximum Active points allowed in your game?

Summary, yes, you've cheesed the rules a bit.  Revise and return, and pull the lever again to see how it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - that is exactly what I was looking for JPicassoI tend to let my mind run without thinking through the implications. 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:53 AM, JPicasso said:

#3. You've taken three levels of characteristics, some with expendable focus.  I would allow that, but it might just be cheaper (less of a headache) to add another multiform, and have THAT multiform defined as needing some expendable ingredient so that it can be stronger.  It would be easier for everyone to track what form you are in with this method also.

That's not right (meaning I made a mistake), none of the foci should be expendable. I will have to go back and double check those when I review this character. Thanks again for your input. 

Oh, and the points were 400 with 75 in complications. There were no stated limits on any particular stat but I will have to alter that now that i have taken the time to refamiliarize myself with the rule set.