Recoverable Charges and long lasting powers?

indy523

So I have a character I am giving a set of spells.  They exist as ectoplasmic matrixes in the ethereal plane.  In my world the ethereal prime is a duplicate of the material prime real world with carbon ethereal versions of every object in the material.  Sentient creatures have souls that are tethered to their bodies which while alive can't be moved from that place.  Animals and objects however through great psychic disturbances from ghosts, powerful spells however can meaning that in the ethereal astral constructs can exist that do not have exact carbon copy duplicates in the material.  

Any rate these spells are bought with the limitation restrainable at the -1/4L.  They exist in the ethereal but are affected by magic, anything bought as affects desolid at the -1/2L level or Affects Desolic Spirits only.  It is not as easy as grabbing wings of a winged person to stop their flight as it takes certain powers or magic spells and preparation but it can be turned off or removed so it meets the lower level restrainable.  It also has the limitation physical manifestation meaning it has a real from in the ethereal with PowD and MD which are the PD and ED version on the etherial plane and ego that represents body so it can be attacked by ethereal creatures or anyone with spells that can affect that plane which is Affects Desolid Spirit +1/4A and does EGO +1/4A which converts BOD damage to Ego damage for the ethereal plane.

This allows me to have a mind control spell that has a real presence on the ethereal plane bought transdimensional and indirect (if it needs it but I assume  not as the ethereal prime has a mirror point for every point in the real material prime.).  As such I buy the power with charges, since this is a Djinni I am buying it for their are three charges because Djinni.

This power is called the Rubric of Charms.  Essentially it is a mind control that is bought can only make a character switch sides a -1/2L.  It can't just make a target betray his principles there has to be another group opposed and the mind control makes them betray the other side.  The Djinn has Telepathy that he can use to "speak" his command.  So as an example you can't make someone betray his boss as the boss has no enemy that is another side.  You could make someone say is an activist in a Pro Life group betray his group to a Pro Choice group because that is two sides.  The rule is two definitively groups opposed to each other.  So you could make a spy betray America to the Soviets in the cold war but not really to Russia today as there are more than one side.  Up to the GM but this is how the power works.  

So the mind control is bought long lasting so that the ego roll to break out does not degrade over time.  The way I want this to work is that while the effect for a charge is affecting a single person whether for one minute or one year the charge is used up and cannot be recovered even though normally the charge could be recovered once the mind control is used as it is instant with a lingering effect.  Is this a limitation or is this how one should view recoverable charges for a power that has a lingering affect like mind control or change environment it bought to last longer.  Or is this a 0L limitation anyways.?