REC and END costs in 6e vs prior

Joe Walsh

Their utility is completely separate from their cost.

I generally view "everyone views this as a must-buy" to indicate that ability is underpriced for its utility. Pre-6e DEX is a very easy example as there was no other way to be combat-effective.  We saw many threads on "punishing" normal humans with exceptional training by limiting their DEX and SPD to NCM.

Similarly, I view "no one ever buys this" or "they buy this because it is a character tax" as indicating that the ability is overpriced for its utility.

In my experience, buying up STUN/END /REC rather than Defenses and Reduced END was rare in the extreme. With the reduced pricing, I think price is more in the ballpark compared to utility.

I don't recall people calling for the price of pre-6e CON to be increased.  +20 CON cost 40 points and generated 40 END (20 CP), 10 STUN (10 CP), 4 ED (4 CP) and 4 REC (8 CP).  So the CON itself had a negative cost.  I consider that the reason for the "can only sell back one Figured" - otherwise, everyone should buy a billion CON to generate more CP by selling off the Figureds.

Now, if we apply 6e costs but keep CON at 2 points with Figured, +20 CON costs 40 points and generates 40 END (8 CP), 10 STUN (5 CP), 4 ED (4 CP) and 4 REC (4 CP), so the net cost of CON is 19 - pretty close to 1 CP per +1 CON.  We can make "no figured" a -1 limitation. 

Did anyone ever buy CON no Figured in 5e?  What limitation would "only figured" be when the CON cost less than the Figureds in the first place? The current pricing seems more rational to me, anyway.