Shmupcraft

AlHazred

So, I've been toying around with statting up shmups as extra starships in a sci-fi game. Shmups, for those who don't recognize the acronym, are SHoot-'eM-UPS -- video games where you pilot a ship (almost always a fighter-style starship) around a scrolling map and try to shoot opponents while avoiding getting shot yourself. A few of the more popular shmups get some fluff text, which describes the imaginary capabilities of the ships in question -- which is always fun to convert to Hero System.

Anyway, I figured the easiest way would be to start with a "generic shmup," a ship sheet that shows the assumed capabilities of a hypothetical generic shmupcraft. I'll post what I've got so far below, but I'm wondering how to best represent the "bombs." Those usually clear the whole board of enemy craft, so they're pretty potent, but you always have a limited number of them. How does this look?

Vehicle - Standard Shmupcraft.pdf