Multiform confusion

wkershner

Question

I have read and reread multiform, and I am confused.

In the desciption, it says to identify which form is you true form... okay, I follow this...

It also says that the most expensive form is the one that buys the multiform... I assume (after long thought) that this means regardless of what you declare the trueform.

Then we reach the line under optional limitations that says Reversion can be a advantage or a limitation depending on if you are reverting to a weaker form, or not...

This is where I become confused. The most expensive form pays for multiform, so shouldn't the disadvantages and advantages be from the perspective of that form? If they are from the perspective of another form, why isn't that form paying for it?

-----

Thr circumstance that is starting my confusion is that I want to create a character who is human, who can shift into a wolf, but only with great difficulty and at high endurancy cost. I do not want a wolf that can turn back into a human at high endurace cost, but it will definately be the wolf that is worth more points. So do I build the wolf with multiform, but buy all of the disadvantages from the perspective of the opposite form, which would not be buying it? That does not sound right... What am I missing?

1 answer to this question

The text does not say the most expensive form pays for the power. It says the true form pays for it, and the true form can be any of the character's forms. The "most expensive form" bit is something you're remembering from 4E that no longer applies.

If that doesn't clear up your confusion, please post a follow-up and I'll try to explain further.