Knocked Out of Maneuver

Guest Keneton

Question

Guest Keneton

I am not sure if this is a holdout from a prior rules edition, or my home cooking Steve but here goes. . .

When a target is struck while in a maneuver (martial or otherwise) and is driven back by knockback or knockdown, is the target driven out of his maneuver? For years I have done things this way.

EX1: If Keneton is in a mratil strike and is still hit and takes 2 " KB and still lands on his feat I would say his CV is still base + appropriate levels, but he no longer is in Martial Strike stance.

EX2: Prophet aborts to a dodge but still gets hit. He takes 2" knockback and stauys on his feet. Does he lose his Dodge DCV bonus vs subsequent attacks as he is now driven out?

EX3: As above but Prophet is in a sweep and takes knockback, does he get the CV penalty for the sweep removed?

I have always plyaed it this way but now can't figure why. Too many years I guess.

Anxiously awaiting clarity!

:)

1 answer to this question

Being Knocked Back does not affect the CV bonuses gained from using a particular maneuver. In your examples, the characters retain the DCV boni they get from Martial Strike and Dodge, respectively, even though they're Knocked Back. Nor does being Knocked Back eliminate the DCV penalty from maneuvers like Sweep.