Rules Lawyers Unbound, bur should be

Nightmask

Question

I have having some problems with Physical Limitions...

Limited Mobility: some of my players have been, I think anyway double dipping for points. Like for example: Limited Mobility (limps) as a disadvatage and a running penality under powers. This don't sound right. Both sound like disads to me. I have chosen that its a Running Penalty listed as a disad. I would like a professional opinion.

1 answer to this question

Typically a character who wants to Run slower than the normal 6" just sells back some of his Running. He may justify this with the special effect of "I walk with a limp" or "I have a trick knee," or the like, but in most cases they shouldn't also take a Physical Limitation for that if that's the only way they're restricted -- they've already gotten points for that hindrance.

However, if whatever's wrong with their legs hinders them in other ways -- prevents them from using certain Combat Maneuvers, imposes penalties on some actions (climbing, Dive For Cover, etc.), or the like -- then also taking a Physical Limitation would be justified. The Disadvantage represents the restrictions the condition imposes other than just the loss of Running inches.