A couple of X-Dim Questions

Dr. Anomaly

Question

Steve,

If a character has the "any location in any dimension" adder, what happens if he's in another dimension and returns to this one, but the spot he chooses is blocked by a solid object? (Maybe a foe of his parked a 100-ton block of concrete on Our Hero's favorite 'return-home' spot.) Does the power just not work, does he get shunted to the nearest open space, or what? And if he's shunted, does he take damage like with Teleport, or no damage (like Teleport with Safe Blind Teleport)?

Secondly, if a character purchases X-Dim movement at the "single location in a single dimension" level (the cheapest possible), where is it explicitly stated that a character who uses this power can use it to return home after he's done with is other-dimensional jaunt? I've read the description several times, and I just can't seem to find it. Of course I may be blind, but please give me a page number or something. (I know the FAQ implies it, since you can put a Limitation on your X-Dim movement to indicate it's only good for one-way trips.)

1 answer to this question

1. Roll on the Teleportation Damage Table. With the GM’s permission, characters who’d prefer to avoid this unpleasant fate can buy an Advantate, Safe Blind Travel, which costs the same as Safe Blind Teleport and has the same effect.

2. It’s not explicitly stated. I didn’t think it needed to be, since common sense and dramatic sense both indicate the Power’s pretty darn useless if you can’t come home. ;)