Chapions membership changes

SaintHax

I imagine this has to do w/ company info, and who owns rights to characters, but why has the Champions roster changed? Defender is the only original Champion left.

1) Seeker - was a dork, who ended up looking cool during the Millenium period, though I hated those rules. In fact, all the Millenium art seems superior-- get those artist back!!!

2) What was her name? Quantim? She's gone. She also had a nice image change during the "Hero's Lite" Fuzion period. I see she's been replaced by an equally PC hispanic girl :)

3) Jaguar, thank god, has left; but now there's no multi-form hero on the roster.

4) Obsidian was much cooler than this dork that is now the team Brick. Both are aliens too... hmmm.

5) Solitaire seems to be called Witchcraft now. I didn't check to see if it's actually the same person. I liked Solitaire better-- she had the widget, and didn't have the "witch" in her name, which is unheroic by the Golden/Silver Age standard (which the Champions seem to be, excluding the darker Millenium group). Also, wasn't Solitaire a mentalist, instead of a magic user-- I find that more comic like also.

Any answers from anyone who knows, would be great.

The basic answer is that Steve did not really care for any of the 4th Edition Champions, and so made changes to the team which reflect the feel that the 5th Edition books want to have. You still have most of the same archetypes, but many of the characters have just enough twist to make them feel more like standard comic book heroes.