Mutant Powers and Star Hero Followup

rayoman

Question

You answered the question for me. To clarify, Increased Arc of Perception allows you to choose which sense/sense group to use. You can purchase additional sense groups, one of which was NightVision. I wasn't sure if Nightvision was an additional enhanced sense bought as part of the mutant powers OR was just allowing Increased Arc Of Perception to work with normal sight AND Nightvision.

1 answer to this question

I think you may be confused on the differences between Senses, Sense Groups, and Sense Modifiers.

Nightvision is a Sense. It belongs to the Sight Sense Group, but it's not a Sense Group itself -- just a single Sense.

A Sense Group includes all the Senses associated with a particular method of perceiving the world, including Senses assigned to that Group via the Simulated Sense Rule. Normal Sight and Nightvision are two examples of Senses that belong to the Sight Sense Group; Infrared Perception could also be assigned to the Sight Group to create an "Infrared Vision" power for a character.

Increased Arc of Perception is a Sense Modifier. It can be bought to apply to one Sense, or to an entire Sense Group. If it only applied to Nightvision in the mutant powers, it would specifically be stated as such ("IAOP (360 Degrees) for Nightvision" instead of "for the Sight Group").