Energy Blast That Only Does Knockback

Guest bfhcpd0

Question

Guest bfhcpd0

I would like to create an Area Of Effect Energy Blast that does no actual damage beyond that incurred as the result of knockback. What would the limitation “Only Does Knockback†be worth for this power?

I am trying to simulate a gust of wind that can blow opponents away, but which does no actual damage in and of itself. I’ve examined the various conventional methods that are used to simulate this ability, but I find them all lacking. I don’t like Telekinesis, for instance, because the attack should not disable two of the opponent’s limbs, and opponents should be able to resist the power by using standard knockback resistance. I don’t like Flight Usable On Others for many of the same reasons. This brings be back to an Area Of Effect Energy Blast with Double Knockback, but I do not feel that the blast itself should do any damage.

Can you help me? I have been playing Champions since the early 80s, and I find your system extremely flexible, but I have always struggled with the implementation of this one ability.

Thanks In Advance

1 answer to this question