Extra Time Twice on Same Power?

Dr. Anomaly

Question

Steve,

I just had a situation come up that would seem to call for Extra Time to be taken on the same Power twice, but I'm not sure if it's legal or not.

The item is a large, single-use bazooka-type weapon. The idea is that each "charge" has to be hand-mixed and hand-loaded into the weapon before use (Extra Time: 1 Hour, Only to Prep Power) but when using it on the battlefield, it's supposed to require a full phase to use it because it's bulky and requires precise "sighting in" of the target (Extra Time: Full Phase).

So...is it legal to use Extra Time (with different values) twice on the same Power?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Re: Extra Time Twice on Same Power?

It's not per se illegal -- in fact, I seem to recall that I did it for a power in one of the Hero books, but offhand I can't remember which one. But obviously this is something the GM is going to want to monitor closely. For example, I suspect that some GMs (including me) would raise some questions about the idea of defining Extra Time as "making more ammo." That sounds more to me like the simple recovery of Charges, specially defined in some way by GM fiat to account for the fact that it takes less than a day.