"Primitive" Disads

Supreme

Re: "Primitive" Disads

I guess inability to perceive the difference between magic and technology might manifest as an inability to use technology except in ritual form.

I think the best example I can think of is warhammer 40k where the space marines weaponry and Armour is repaired by tech priests who don’t really understand the technology but have learnt by rote incantations and litanies that allow them to diagnose and repair equipment but they lack the knowledge to understand how they really work.

So the primitive would be Kind of like the members of a cargo cult who build fake airstrips to lure magic silver birds filled with gifts from the gods. She sees you turn on the television and the picture change but she won’t understand the concept of television, she might even be able to repeat the ritual but she has no framework to expand beyond the ritual.

So if you microwave a burrito in front of her she could repeat the process but probably not correctly or she could try to nuke something she caught and leave it under cooked or try to start a fire in the microwave so much fun.

Also she might mistake other devices for a microwave or fro that matter steal the TV remote and start pointing it at anything that looked like a TV.

Mind you it’s not just a primitive problem many modern day first world people can't tell the difference either.

Hmm... That sounds workable. So, maybe something like:

Physical Limitation: thinks all technology is magical, slightly limiting, infrequent