Superleap Minimum Height

Razor

Question

One issue with Superleap that's always plagued my gaming group is the logistics behind how much space (height) is necessary to superleap. It would make sense that one disadvantage of superleap would be a minimum height requirement in order to hit a specific distance.

The way the power works right now it seems like you can just target any hex within your range and leap to it (with no prob if you've taken the appropriate adder/advantages). Does this mean if you're in a two hex tall corridor thats say 20 hexes long and you have 20 inches of superleap that you could leap 20 hexes with no problem in a corridor that short?

We house-ruled it to require at least half the distance in height in order to superleap. Otherwise it just seems so much cheaper than short distance teleportation.

Have there been any clarifications on this matter?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Re: Superleap Minimum Height

No, and I see no need for any at this point. I think GMs are perfectly capable of handling the situation with a bit of common and dramatic sense in light of the special effects involved and the situation -- just like your group did. To the extent it needs any detailing, that'll probably take place in The Ultimate Speedster.