Increased END Only to Activate Instant/Attack Cannon

Hierax

Question

Hi,

The "Only to Activate" at 1/2 of the Limitation thing doesn't seem to be applying in Hero Designer to Instant/Attack powers even though a Cannon (presumably a RKA) is given as an explicit example of this (H5e.187) -- FWIW, I thought that it worked this way in 4e and I didn't see anything in the FAQ about it and I'd like to have some attack spells that take Extra Time to fire the first time but then not take as long for the subsequent phases.

I know it says "Constant or Persistant Powers" but the example seems to be saying Instant but it's not clear which one is correct.

I just asked this under HD forum (as part of another post with bugs) but it is more of a rules question about if it is allowed or not since the example doesn't seem buildable if it isn't.

1 answer to this question

Re: Increased END Only to Activate Instant/Attack Cannon

I'm not sure I understand what it is you want to know. If it's "can Extra Time (only to activate) be applied to attacks or like powers under appropriate circumstances?", then the answer is "yes." It's up to the GM to decide whether a power's entitled to the Limitation.