Increased END vs. Circumstance Taken Multiple Times

Hierax

Question

With the Increased END vs. a Certain Circumstance rule (H5e.185) I'm not clear on how it would apply if taken multiple times:

Let's take the example of the Thaumaturgiacal Dispel example and change it to something more concrete like Fire:

- have x1 (no increased END) vs. fire (sympathy) and ice (antipathy) spells.

- only x2 vs. other elemental Arcane magic spells (semi-sympathy/antipathy.

- if I wanted to keep the x3 vs. other schools (of Arcane Magic) other than pyromancy

- but make it cost x4 vs. Divine Magic or Psionic Mentalism

Basically, if you have more than one Increased END on a power how do you figure out the limitation? It seems like it would add up too quickly if you just took each Increased END as a separate limitation.

I don't mean to be overly complicated, but I was playing around with one spell system that used Increased END to simulate Spell Levels (1st level normal END, 2nd level x2 END, ... 10th level x10 END) and also wanted to have Elementalism have difference Increased END vs. different elements and types of Arcane, Divine, and Mental magics depending on how close or far they were from the base spell theme (hope that makes sense).

Even though this is a complex example it would be more common to try to have two different x# END things -- e.g., Arcane Spells Dispeling Arcane spells at regular END, Divine at x2, and Psionic at x3.

1 answer to this question