VPP question

SaintHax

Question

If I have a VPP to represent the fact that the character always seems to have what he needs on him (e.g. Batman), but can only change when he get's back to HQ: I'm not sure if I need to do anything w/ VPP or not to represent that?? When do you have to decide how you are going to use your VPP? Say I have a 5pt VPP (to be simple) that only can change at HQ. Do I have to mark down what I'm taking from HQ when I leave, or do I pick when I need to, but then the points are set until I return to the base. I'm unclear.

Thanks,

1 answer to this question

Well, there's the Limitation that you take to represent "only change-able at base"; that's about the only rules-related thing you need to do.

In terms of how you handle it in-game, that varies based on character conception and GM preference. Some GMs might want you to prepare a big ol' list of gadgets you have access to, and then pick from it when you return to base. Others might be content to have you say, "My character's got lots of stuff; just about any gadget he needs" and change the VPP as you please whenever you go back to base.

In either case, once you leave the base the VPP is fixed as what you chose to take until you go back to the base and change it again.