Maybe my Champions brick...

Logan D

...CAN lift that building without it coming aprt after all!

So you’re done with a hard day. You stop off at the Jollibee for a styro container of noodles and indistinct fish. You walk up the stairs – the lift’s out, again – and arrive at your flat panting and sweating. But you console yourself with the thought of a cold San Miguel, and maybe something interesting on TV. You enter your apartment – it’s hot, very humid, as it always is when you get home. You turn on the fan. You get that beer and take a long deep swig: ah. Things are better. At least you have tonight, eh? And that counts for something. You go to the windows to open the drapes – you close them during the day to keep the apartment from overheating – and you look out over the city. You take another swig. Hey, maybe you’ll go out tonight. Why not? Maybe meet some nice –

Whoa. You know, that building across the street looks like it's moving.

Above clipped from THE BLEAT, by James Lileks

And here I thought superhero physics didn't work in the real world... :jawdrop:

(Reposted over here in Champions forum because it seemed more apropriate.)

Re: Maybe my Champions brick...

Wow. Well' date=' obviously that building has a very strong structure! [/quote']

Something obviously went very wrong with the foundation though.

That's cool though. I could see a superbrick flying up to catch the corner and straightening it out again. :D

Indeed! My thoughts exactly! That - or maybe a superstrong type like the Thing could get themselves under the initial failure point and hold it up long enough for people to get out. If they're REALLY strong, they could maybe hold it until some construction equipment could be brought in and repair it.