Hero Ciy car and truck minis

CorPse

Man, I wish they wouldn't let me into Target. Is there a way to get them to bar me for life? That is without breaking any laws and spending a lot of time in jail.

Anyway - I was in there to get some frames and a shadowbox, don't ask, and I wandered over to the toy section. BIG MISTAKE. You see last Christmas I bought my friend Matt this really strange set of evil clown Hot Wheels cars. He's obsessed with C.L.O.W.N. from the good old 4th Edition days. (That says a lot about Matt.)

Anyway, when I looked today, I discovered that Matchbox has a whole line called - HERO CITY.

This is probably old news to some of you folks, but I couldn't believe my eyes. Finally I could have an entire police force (including 5 duplicate police cars) for just a few bucks. I'm obsessed with villianous bricks tossing police cars (which says a lot about me.)

Anyway this Hero City line has all sorts of goodies that are basically perfectly to 35mm scale, like: an armored police troop transport, an ambulance, numerous fire vehicles, even ... wait for it ... a police helicopter. So, I spent about $15 bucks staffing up the emergency services department for an upcoming Dark Champions campaign when I made the mistake ...

... of turning around. Not to be out done Hot Wheels, the Pepsi to Matchbox's Coke, had a sale going on where you could by individual cars for 66 cents. My God! I've never seen Hot Wheels on sale. Are the miniature car markers of America trying to unload excess inventory to boost 3rd Quarter sales numbers? Are they fighting off competition from Toyota's new miniaturized line?

Well whatever the reason, I had my pick of some pretty flash rides. Hot Wheels delves pretty far into the realm of bizarre automobile architecture. A good case in point is a member of the cryptically named Final Run series. The Hot Seat features a blue chrome drivers' cockpit shaped like a giant toilet bowl. In case we miss the point the words Final Flush are emblazoned on the side. Thoughtfully, the oversized toilet does come with a black toilet seat. The seat actually flips up. If there's someone in your campaign with Growth, and you can't resist a good sight gag, I think you know what you have to do. In any case, I found some futuristic Hot Wheels hot rods, all black of course, for my Dark Champions campaign.

But get in to Target soon, the Hot Wheels sale ends on Sept. 18th. And believe me, you're gonna kick yourself if you end up paying the full 92 cents for that ride later.

The guy at the counter asked me if I was a car collector. I could only chuckle. Because the truth is much, much worse. Muahhahahha.

Keep on truckin :thumbup: