RCMs and AF

Marchwarden

Question

1) Can you make multiple-maneuver attacks with Ranged Combat Maneuvers?

2) When making a multiple-maneuver attack with an autofire attack, does the autofire effect apply to each maneuver? For instance, if I make an Offensive Shot + Fast Shot + Far Shot with an AF 3 weapon and make my roll by 5, do I get 3 hits with each of the maneuvers? If not, what is the case?

1 answer to this question

1. Characters can make multiple-power attacks involving Combat Maneuvers that work at Range, including Ranged Martial Maneuvers from UMA. However, the rules set forth on 5E 235 and in the Rules FAQ apply. Specifically, this means (a) the character must accept the worst OCV and DCV modifiers of all the Maneuvers involved, and (B) two or more “distinct” Maneuvers must be involved. Two Maneuvers that just increase damage or CV, such as the three you describe, generally aren’t “distinct” and can’t be used in a multiple-power attack.

2. Assuming a character were to find two sufficiently distinct Combat or Martial Maneuvers that work at Range to use with an Autofire weapon/ability in a multiple-power attack, a Maneuver that increases the attack’s damage would increase the damage of each Autofired shot that hits. Each Autofired shot that hits would also have the other distinct effect (say, a Disarm). Given the potential abuse inherent in this situation, characters should not be allowed to make multiple-power attacks with Autofire weapons/abilities unless they have the GM’s permission.