follow-up to "naked anti-Limitations"

Basil

Question

OK, I guess I wasn't clear about my last question (see "naked anti-Limitations"). I was asking about doing a "buy-off" of a Limitation, as a separate "power" a la naked Advantages.

The point that doesn't seem to have gotten through (my fault, I suppose), is that I'm asking how to remove a Limitation from someone else's power, without knowing ahead of time all the details of that other power.

To update my example: I want my character to be able to remove (or reduce, maybe??) Increased Endurance on anyone else's fire-based power. Since I don't know ahead of time all the details of whatever fire powers my character may need to apply this power to, can I just base the (Base) Cost of this power on the maximum Active Points he can effect? Or do I base the (Base) Cost on the number of points of difference?

Obviously, this is going to need Usable By Other, and may have other Advantages and Limitations, but I'm asking how to determine the Base Points.

Also, would such a power become Instant (a la naked Advantages), or does that depend on the power being effected?

I've got a couple of neat little ideas for the USPD that depend on this, so I eagerly await your reply. ;)

1 answer to this question