Armor Piercing Teleport and MegaScale vs X-Dim

jackalope

Question

Hi Steve!

Couple of quick questions:

A PC in my campaign (which I built) has Teleport with two levels of Armor Piercing. I'm not sure if this still works in HERO. It used to be that one could not Teleport through Hardened walls unless one had AP Teleport. Is this still the case? If so, how does this work with advantages like Cannot Be Escaped By Teleport?

Same character bought the Teleportation Sense power (USPD, 231). I added Danger Sense into it as well. What exactly does this power do? Can he now teleport anywhere he wants without danger? Can he teleport to places he's never seen/been? How much information does a character need about a place to teleport to it blind?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension, Any Location) with the other dimension defined as "Where A Teleporter Goes When he Teleports" is a much, much more effective way of going anywhere in the world instantaneously than MegaScale teleport. Is this the case? Or am I missing something?

1 answer to this question

Re: Armor Piercing Teleport and MegaScale vs X-Dim

1. See 5E 150 under "Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation."

2. The power on USPD 231 works as described on that page; I'm not sure what else I can say about it that hasn't been said there, other than to observe that the whole point of the power is to let the character perceive places he hasn't been before (though it really should have the Targeting Sense Modifier attached).. If you add things to it, you as GM should define how they work and what effect they have.

3. You're missing the text on the bottom left of 5E 111.