Invader Zim?

PaRappaTheRappe

Re: Invader Zim?

Here is my attempt at a SIR unit. Actually, it's GIR which has a paperclip and a couple of buttons instead of an electronic brain. Without the electronic brain, he seems to have the intellectual capacity of a two-year old, but occasionally, he reflects a much wisdom in that empty head of his.

Usually SIRs are programmed to follow orders with total conviction unless such orders deem to jeapodize The Mission (to prepare the planet for conquest by the Irken armada). GIR is much more free willed and actually likes Planet Earth. SIR units don't seem to need to eat, but GIR enjoys the taste of many Earth foods.

GIR

30 STR 20

20 DEX 30

20 CON 20

10 BODY 0

7 INT -3

5 EGO -10

10 PRE 0

14 COM 2

6 PD 0

6 ED 2

4 SPD 10

10 REC 0

40 END 0

35 STUN 0

10 ... Short: +2 DCV

4 ... +2 to Stealth Rolls

16 ... 10" Flight, Lim: -1/4 Requires Fuel

45 ... Full Life Support

35 ... Resurrection from Total Destruction (Requires Zim's Death to stop)

Disadvantage

5 ... Distinctive Features, GIR Unit: Easily Concealed (with Dog Suit)

20 ... Psych: 2-year old mentality (Very Common, Strong)

5 ... Psych: Likes Planet Earth

For SIR units, replace 2-year old mentality and likes Planet Earth

25 ... Social Limitation: Subject to Orders

Quote: "Okkie Dokey!" or "Yes! My Master!"

Interesting Gir writeup. I'd like to see the other known SIR unit, Mimi (the one Taz has). That one seems more like what I'd imagine a SIR could be, including stretching and super-speed attacks. Taz herself shows hypnotic Mind Control and IIRC she turns invisible or teleports like the Cheshire Cat when he flies out of Zim's house.

Yeah, thinking about it, SIR units usually have one or more attack powers (laser vision, armor piercing claws) and other nifty powers (stretchy arms, unusual visual scanning powers) as well as a general ability to have new powers installed. So, one might want to reflect that with a multipower or two or possibly a minor gadget pool. GIR, at one point, had Bump of Direction w/Navigation (Space) and possibly AK: Intergalatic Map, but removed the unit so he could store his sandwich.

I also wanted to give GIR some Armor, but I realized that sometimes he isn't more sturdy than a normal human (with the major advantage of having limbs reattached, healing by repair or being rebuilt entirely from scratch) and othertimes seems to be able to withstand damage trivially. This could be done with Armor with an Invisible Force Field effect or possibly just Life Support: Extreme Heat.

You might want to add a couple non-combat multiples to Running and Flight (or just more Speed). GIR seems to be able to fly at vehicle speeds or faster (but runs out of fuel quickly at that speed) and can run to keep up with vehicles that he falls off of. However, vehicles also seem to be slower than realistic counterparts (this may be because the speed limit is 25 next to a school :D).

SIR units can be quite scary when they are competent as Zim was almost destroyed by GIR when his duty programming was kicked into full and Zim was considered a threat to The Mission. In that same episode, he captured a human police officer for meat processing by running out and grabbing the passing police car that he was in (because it had its siren running) and crashed through a wall to deliver it to his master. Usually, GIR seems to have a STR of 8 as part of his small child mentality.

Mimi seems to be unusual as it has catlike grace that most SIR units lack (30 DEX, 6 SPEED, and Acrobatics?) and multi-claw attack that can stun with one blow or completely rend something non-organic into pieces in a very Toon-like effect.

Some images of GIR

GIR in his dog suit disguise dancing

http://jamie.illusiondesigns.net/images/gir.gif

GIR being amazed by something

http://jamie.illusiondesigns.net/art/year2002/zim/gir.jpg

"Yes! My Master!"

http://jamie.illusiondesigns.net/art/year2002/zim/yesgir.jpg

(GIRs eyes turn red when acting like a proper SIR unit, as far

as I know SIRs' eyes never turn passively green like GIRs)