Absorption and Post 12 REC

theskaven

Question

Hi Steve.

If a character has absorption that goes to STUN, that STUN still disappears each turn according to the rules (even if it is offsetting damage). However post 12 recoveries also happen on round 12. What is the order of this?

Here are two quick examples:

(a) Hero absorbs 5 character points that go toward STUN, restoring him to MAX. On round 12, those 5 points disappear. Are they immediately healed by the post 12 REC or must the hero wait until the following round 12?

(B) Hero absorbs 15 character points that go toward STUN, putting him at 10 STUN total (because of previous damage). Post 12 rolls around, does the character fall unconscious then immediately take a recovery? (because if so, his END will drop to his current STUN) Or worse, does the hero fall unconscious and need to wait until his next phase to recover?

Thanks much,

Skaven

1 answer to this question

Re: Absorption and Post 12 REC

Just to make sure everyone’s clear, I’m going to re-state the question (or at least, what I think you're asking:) )in more general terms:

In the case of an Adjustment Power affecting END or STUN where the GM applies the fade/recovery rate using the standard method (i.e., the points fade/recover at the rate of 5 Character Points every Post-Segment 12, rather than 12 Segments after the Power was used), which applies first: the fade/recovery rate or the character’s Post-Segment 12 Recovery.

A: The fade/recovery rate applies first, the Post-Segment 12 Recovery applies last. The occurrence of fading/recovery does not, per se, prevent the character from taking a Post-Segment 12 Recover. However, if the fading/recovery causes a character’s STUN to drop to the point where he Recovers slower than once every Turn (i.e., -21 or lower), then he doesn’t get his Post-Segment 12 Recovery.