Some How To Questions: Highland Games Player

Narthon

OK, I'm making an athletic brick character who is the ultimate highland games player. His main attack powers will be an oaf multipower based around the caber. I was thinking of making it streching, always direct, only one body part, only to do damage, plus a hand attack and a range based on strenght hand attack, then got to thinking that if I make everything ae, I don't really need the streching at all. I figure the Caber is about three hexes long. What I would like to do is a hand attack that is ae radius, but only in a half circle and three hexes long to represent a swing accross the front of the character.

Any idea on how to do this shape?

Also, what do you think would work as a lim to represent that if he throws the caber, he has to retreive it before he can use any of the multipower abilities again?

Any sugestions would be great.

Thank you.

Guest rbezold

Re: Some How To Questions: Highland Games Player

Area affect? Well you could use AE cone, or use AE select and put in the limintations no range and limited targets.

Optionally you could still go with the stretching and use the sweep maneuver.

Well, ae cone gives me a much too big area, and ae any area is much too expensive when I'm only using one possible area shape, just not one offered by the game.

Streaching with sweep may work, I'll have to look at that.

Also, and other ideas for more tricks in the multipower would help, it is looking bad with only two things in it.

I must be going nuts. Isn't there a way to reduce the area of area effect? I only want 3 or 12 total hexes, depending on which way I'm using the power, not the huge number of hexes I get using the areas with this huge multipower.