Kapilasa's Possession

Scott Destroyer

Hello,

Just wondering about Kapilasa, from Arcane Adversaries. While I think his character concept is fine in general, he seems to have flushed 67 points down the toilet on an unusable Power that, sadly, is supposedly his major contribution to his villain team, the Devil's Advocates.

It is his "Possession" power, a Mental Transform that allows him to take over a victim's body for a long period of time. The victim will get Kapilasa's EGO, INT, and PRE, and all Skills based on these stats, and all his mental and psionic Powers. The Powers add up to 179 points, the Skills to another 32, and his EGO, INT, and PRE cost 29 points above their starting values. That's 240 points total. Since Transforms that grant a victim new abilities give the victim +1 BODY for resistance purposes for every net 5 points of abilities granted (or, in this case, +1 EGO, since this is a Mental Transform that Works Agaisnt EGO not BODY), his victims (assuming normal humans with none of his powers and skills, and base stats of 10) will get +48 EGO to resist his Posssession, requiring him to roll 116 on his 6d6 All-or-Nothing Transform to get them to -1 x EGO. This is, clearly, mathematically impossible.

So, is there some sneaky exploit that lets him ignore these bonuses to his target? Am I miscounting the points for his Powers, or misjudging which ones the target gains? Or are there some massive Disadvantages gained by his target that I've missed that reduce the penalties to more reasonable levels? Or is he just hosed?

Thanks to anyone who can help me here...:)

Re: Kapilasa's Possession

I believe the rule is that you only add the +1 per 5 points if there are not disadvantages to offset the points gained. While there are no disadvantages listed I'm thinking all the drawbacks of the power such as dying or being stunned and knocked out are probably disadvantages which take from the total. Of course that won't add to 180 points. So you have probably caught a snafu. Submit it to Steve for the errata.