Aid vs. Continuing Charges Followup

Guest innominatus

Question

Guest innominatus

I got your reply to my first question, Steve; but it raised a couple of other related questions in my mind:

1.) So if the Aid is continuing to affect (and subsequently fade from) the activated Charge just like it would the base Power, does that mean someone could use Adjustment Powers to alter the single charge ITSELF while it's active?

2.) What about using Adjustment powers on a Power that's being used to set up a Trigger? If I Aid my power and then set up a Trigger, and the Trigger isn't set off until after the Aid's effects have faded on the base power, would the Triggered Power still go off at the Aided level? And if not, what happens to, say, the extra END is used to power the Triggered Power at its Aided level? Or what about the other way around -- if the Power to be used in a Trigger was first Drained, would the Trigger itself eventually recover back to full power if it has time to sit around and "recover" before the Trigger is activated? And could a character Push the Trigger Power so that, once the Drain fades, there is still enough END put into the Trigger to power it at full level?

3.) Could a Triggered Power be "Haymakered" to do extra damage? And if so, would the "lands at the end of the next Segment" Limitation apply at the time the trigger is being set, or would the Power go off at the end of the Segment after the conditions of the Trigger were met?

1 answer to this question

As an aside, I get the impression you may be trying to create a particular power, or justify a particular construction, or something like that. If so, and if further questions arise, it might help if you described what you’re after. Sometimes a little context makes it easier to answer more clearly. ;)

1. Yes. Depending on special effects, common sense, and dramatic sense, the GM may even require that Aid be applied solely on a per-Charge basis, rather than to the overall power.

2. Adjustment Powers’ effects fade from a Triggered power in the normal fashion. Setting the Trigger doesn’t “lock in” an Adjustment Power effect and keep it from dissipating over its standard duration. Nor does it “lock in” Pushing; the character would have to maintain the Push by paying END for it, or else the power would return to its normal “strength.” Of course, the GM’s free to grant exceptions if he feels doing so doesn’t defy common sense or dramatic sense, or cause game balance problems.

3. A power with a set Trigger cannot be Haymakered.